The mRNA field keeps on growing and much has been achieved
The last year has been an exciting one for the mRNA field. More and more companies as well as academic groups are moving into the field, populate the mRNA landscape with new approaches and generate valuable mode of action data in a number of ways. Moreover, some mRNA companies already have started to publish clinical data and thereby provide evidence that the mRNA technology indeed works in humans. The proof of principle of this disruptive medical technology has undoubtedly been delivered, which represents a highly important milestone for the field. What a great success!
In spite of the great achievements we made, the field’s current phase is a critical one. We now need to define the right strategies for product development as well as for interactions within the field and with authorities. The next step we need to take is designing concrete products, combining tolerability and efficacy. Considering this, the core topics of this year’s conference are proofs of concept, clinical development, safety and efficacy – discussing these topics is essential for establishing best practices for successful mRNA product development.
In the framework of the 5th International mRNA Health Conference, we want to discuss how to take next steps and lay a common foundation to leverage the technology to a new level. This will allow rapid development of new products and establishing them in the market.
Our keynote speaker, extreme mountaineer Reinhold Messner, fits the current situation of the mRNA field very well. Since he achieved objectives that no one had considered to be reachable, his words will offer us a great source of inspiration. Let’s move mountains together!
We hope you will profit from the opportunities to gain new knowledge and enjoy being inspired by the distinguished selection of speakers we could gain for this year’s conference!
Rough time schedule
Wednesday, November 1, 2017
- 8:00 am: Opening Registration and Reception
- 9:00 am to 6:15 pm: Conference program with talks, poster session and panel discussion
- 6:30 pm: Bus departure to Networking Evening
Thursday, November 2, 2017
- 9:00 am to 4:30 pm: Conference program with talks and poster session
The detailled program will be published shortly.
Sessions & Speakers of the 5th International mRNA Health Conference
- Reinhold Messner, mountaineer, adventurer & explorer, Italy
- Schraga Schwartz, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel
- Ingmar Hoerr, CureVac, Germany
- Stephen Hoge, Moderna Therapeutics, USA
- Ugur Sahin, BioNTech, Germany
Vaccines against Infectious Diseases
- Frank Bähner, CureVac, Germany
- Michela Brazzoli, GSK Vaccines, Italy
- Justin Richner, IIT Research Institute (IITRI), Chicago, USA
- Jörg Vogel, University of Würzburg, Germany
- Drew Weissman, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
- Hayat Bähr-Mahmud, BioNTech, Germany
- Karine Breckpot, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
- Stefaan De Koker, eTheRNA Immunotherapies, Belgium
- Smita Nair, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, USA
Molecular Therapy, Antibodies & Protein Replacement
- Regina Fritsche-Danielson, AstraZeneca, Sweden
- Keiji Itaka, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
- Michael Kormann, University of Tübingen, Tübingen, Germany
- Lior Zangi, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, USA
mRNA Delivery & Design
- Steve Dowdy, UCSD School of Medicine, San Diego, USA
- Christine Esau, Arcturus Therapeutics, USA
- Tom Madden, Acuitas Therapeutics, Canada
- Chantal Pichon, Université d'Orléans, France
- Alexandra Stolzing, Loughborough University, Leicestershire, UK
- Arlen Avakian, Alexion, USA
- Thomas Hinz, Paul-Ehrlich-Institut, Germany
- Klaus T. Preissner, Justus-Liebig-Universität Gießen, Germany